Intriguing facts about Dubai Burj Khalifa
Dubai, the international playground for global superstars is a home to plethora of fascinating architectures and amusements. The desert city is deemed as traveler’s paradise for its extravagant &newly built ostentatious landmarks. One such piece of architectural genius that has broken several records and is bagging new world records is Burj Khalifa.
What is the tallest building in the world?
Soaring 828 meters above the metropolis of Dubai, Burj Khalifa is recognized as the world’s tallest building. It is a needle-shaped super scraper that opened its doors in 2010. Comprising of 200 storeys (160 habitable), 57 elevators and 8 escalators, its cloud-piercing height holds centre stage in the famed skyline with millions of travellers & VIPs flocking to arguably this most prestigious address in the world.
To explore the artistic treasures of this ultimate symbol of glitz, apply for Dubai Visa now!
The Dubai Burj Khalifa by numbers
1. Burj Khalifa is a $1.5 billion project unveiled by Dubai’s ruler Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum in January 2010.
2. During the six years of construction of this tallest man-made structure, it required 12,000 international workers logging a collective 22 million man hours.
3. It required 55,000-ton steel rebar and 110,000-ton concrete to complete the construction of the tower.
4. It stands three times taller than Eiffel Tower in Paris& is twice as tall as New York’s Empire State Building.
5. The giant structure boasts 2957 parking spaces, 304 hotels and 900 apartments.
Other acclaimed titles bragged by Dubai Burj Khalifa
Dubai Burj Khalifa besides being the tallest building in the world also snagged a clutch of other bragging rights. These include:
• Tallest free standing building
• Highest occupied floor
• Highest number of stories
• Longest travel distance elevators
• Tallest service elevator and
• Highest outdoor observatory deck
• World’s highest swimming pool in a building (on level 76)
Burj Khalifa building is not only acclaimed as the world’s tallest building but is also known to have broken two other impressive records:
1. It surpassed the title of tallest structure previously held by the KVLY- TV mast in Blanchard, North Dakota.
2. It also exceled the tag of tallest free standing structure, previously held by Toronto’s CN Tower.
Burj Khalifa at the top
Burj Khalifa at the top offers breath-taking views of the city skyline.Spread across Levels 148, 124 and 125, the view offers exclusive access to the highest outdoor observatory in the world.
Depending on the observation deck & the time of the day you choose the have a panoramic view, ticket prices vary. The best time to adore the wide-ranging sites is just before sunset.It takes around 90 minutes to enjoy Burj Khalifa at the top.
Burj Khalifa Inside
Undoubtedly, Burj Khalifa’s exterior is a tribute to architectural excellence. Its interior also enjoys a thriving hub of design & art supported by global patrons.
Burj Khalifa’s inside comprises of 1,000 works of art that is a mixture of contemporary works, installations & sculptures commissioned as a tribute to the spirit of global harmony.
To indulge in the irresistible charm of this country get Dubai Tourist Visa From UK now. Give yourself a challenge and plan an abrupt adventure tour in Dubai, United Arabs Emirates. The beauty of this country is sure to leave you awestruck!